No idea who’s stopping by these days, but just in case you happen to wander through here, I thought I should mention some useful and important stuff.
1. We’ve updated the graphics on our site. You may ooh and ahh here: http://www.OutOftheBlackBox.org/
2. On the home page, you’ll notice that reservations are now being accepted for A Company of Wayward Saints. To reserve your tickets, call the Greenbelt Arts Center at 301-441-8770. I forget which option you should choose. I think it’s #4, but don’t quote me. Tickets are $12 each ($10 for Students and Seniors). Performances are Friday-Sunday, 7/7 – 22. All performances are 8pm except Sundays at 2pm.
3. We now have a membership form (and membership rates)! Go here (http://www.outoftheblackbox.org/membership.pdf), print the form, fill it out and mail it with your check. Or not…
4. Our nominations are closed for the upcoming Board election (June 17, see below), but there’s space for write-in candidates. We need a minimum of six board members, and we’ve only got five names. They are presently: Betsy Delaney, Jo Rake, Lise Mendel, Steve Kramer and Penny Martin.
Please note that nominees/members-elect must agree to serve before they’ll be recognized, so no nominating Mickey Mouse! You need to be a member to vote, but the good news is, if you join before the meeting, your membership will extend all the way to next year. (Consider it a two month gift from us to you!)
5. Our Annual Meeting will be held at a location to be announced shortly. Become a member and we’ll let you know, or just contact us: http://www.outoftheblackbox.org/contact.shtml
6. We’re in the process of developing our Standing Rules (the day-to-day operations rules by which we’ll exist and function). If you want to have a say in our purpose, activities and governance, now’s the time to join the organization! We’re open to everyone (even kids), and anyone who’s 15 and older may vote on our business. We even have a junior board rep position, to help represent our younger members.
7. Suggestions for future projects are being accepted now! Here’s a small sample of our wish list of potential future projects, for which we’re looking for directors/production teams, and time slots. (We will eventually attempt to gain the rights to produce all of these.):
- Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead (Ideally, in the coming 12 month period, to coincide with the region-wide Shakespeare Festival coming soon!)
- The Life and Adventures of Nicholas Nickleby (I can dream, can’t I?)
- Tonight We Improvise (Pirandello – again!)
- Noises Off
- Kiss Me Kate
- Your MetaTheatre Idea Here!
Got an itch to direct? To act? To costume or design? Let us know your pet project, and as long as it’s theatre about theatre (in any form), we can talk!
That’s all for now. (And it’s a lot!)
Hope we see you on the 17th of June, if not before!
From: Kat D 2006-05-08 03:35 pm (local)
Metatheatre, huh? *plots*
I’ll get back to you on that.